Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week 7: I Met the Walrus

This is one of the cooler text animations I've ever seen. It is fairly simple in the sense that the text and hand-drawn animations match up exactly to what the interviewer/John Lennon is saying. It creates some nice visuals to accompany the statements that John Lennon is making. For example, when John Lennon discusses the idea of trivial v. profound, there is an animation of a Trivial Pursuit Card. This isn't actually relevant to the interview, its just a word translated into a drawing. I love the rotoscope effect - I think it works better with the time period in which the interview was conducted as opposed to a real life recording. There aren't any elaborate colors or really complicated drawings, but I think it is more effective this way. Simple and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment